This year’s photo challenges are designed to make members work hard and stretch themselves to produce outstanding images that fit within the given definitions.
|Wed 14 Sep 2022||Club Night
Come Judge With Me
|Wed 28 Sep 2022||Lecture
South Downs Park
|Wed 05 Oct 2022||Print Competition 1
Judge: Dr Peter Walmsley
|Wed 12 Oct 2022||Lecture
|Wed 19 Oct 2022||Workshop
Edit With Intent (1)
|Wed 09 Nov 2022||PDI Competition 1
Judge: Keven Sandall
|Wed 16 Nov 2022||SCPF Print Competition
Judge: Leo Rich
|Wed 23 Nov 2022||Print Photo Challenge
'On the Beach', 'Abstract Patterns', 'Footwear'
Judge: Carl Reeve
|Wed 07 Dec 2022||PDI Photo Challenge
'Performance Arts', 'Insects', 'Table Top'
|Wed 14 Dec 2022||Christmas Social
Quiz & Christmas Competition
|Wed 11 Jan 2023||Workshop
|Wed 18 Jan 2023||SCPF PDI Competition
Judge: Peter Rocchiccioli
|Wed 01 Feb 2023||Lecture
'Long Exposure' by Ian Howard
|Wed 08 Feb 2023||Workshop
Edit With Intent (2)
|Wed 15 Feb 2023||PDI Competition 2
Judge: Steve Kirkby
|Wed 01 Mar 2023||Club Night
Six members share a selection of their images
|Wed 08 Mar 2023||Print Competition 2
Judge: Gordon Brown
|Wed 15 Mar 2023||PDI Competition 3
Judge: Tracey McEachran
|Wed 29 Mar 2023||Workshop
Edit With Intent (3)
|Wed 05 Apr 2023||Portman Competition (PDI)
Judge: Brian Burden
|Wed 12 Apr 2023||Workshop
|Wed 26 Apr 2023||Print Competition 3
Judge: Mike Cullis
|Wed 03 May 2023||Club Social
Oliver Turnbull Trophy
|Wed 17 May 2023||Club Night
Out and About – Photo Project
|Wed 31 May 2023||AGM|
|Wed 07 Jun 2023||Annual Dinner|
Photo Challenge Definitions
- Performance Arts One or more people actively undertaking performance entertainment e.g. playing musical instruments, singing, dancing, acting etc. This could be indoor or outdoor but the subject must clearly be in the act of performing, preferably with expression.
- Insects and Spiders Image of one or more insects, each having six legs (although all legs do not need to be seen). Or of a spider or spiders.
- Table Top Still life image of one or more objects arranged and lit to attract the eye.
- On the Beach Taken from the beach and substantially including the beach within the image
- Abstract Patterns A subject photographed in such a way as to reveal or enhance abstract patterns, but not a computer-generated image
- Footwear Where the footwear (not the wearer) is the dominant part of the image. This could be shoes, boots, sportswear etc.